Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Hello, people!

So today is Sunday, 10 February 2013 (though my computer clock is 8 hours faster than where I actually am and its Monday, 11 February 2013 now), and it's..... CHINESE NEW YEAR! 

Oh, yes. It is awesome to be Chinese, though I begin to doubt that racial term now but I get to celebrate New Year's Day TWICE a year and its just awesome! And in the space of a month from each other-- sometimes less, depending on the lunar calendar! What is a lunar calender anyway? Space tortoise?
As always, the celebrations are a blast of fun because of the food, the fireworks, the angpaos and family gatherings, but mostly money of course! Some people even get to travel outstation to their hometowns which is like a mini-holiday. But sadly, being the overseas student, I've forfeited an authentic Chinese New Year for the third first time alreadyLe sigh.

If you're an overseas Chinese yourself, you know where I'm coming from. And if you're a not, good for you. I so jealous, but maybe not, I am after all too awesome to be jealous (I lie! Deal with it!)

By the way, I have a question for my non-Chinese readers... would you ever convert and be... 

Whoah, whoah, whoah... Hold on a second, the next word probably would have been "Chinese" and more yabber about how great and awesome being a chinese is, but... I'm sorry... I should probably continue on with the flow

...Chinese?  I mean, it's FREE, and you won't even need to get our yellow skin and tiny eyes. Plus, think about the benefits!

Like...

Okay! I just have to stop it there. Don't get me wrong, but I'm proud to be a Chinese and will forever be proud in that but isn't that going a bit too far, I mean talking about conversion like its a religious sort of thing I mean... Hey, that ain't right... So anyway, let's just use my newly found knowledge about the world and mostly geography which I am absolutely rubbish at to turn that question around. Let's see how Chinese fares against Russians. So, here goes...

...By the way, I have a question for my non-Chinese Russian readers... would you ever convert and be Russian? I mean it's FREE, and you won't even need to get our awesomeness and bad ass skills. Plus, think about the benefits!

Like...
.
  • a second Valentine's Day  a second Birthday
  • culturally exclusive food (its Russia, baby!)
  • wealthy Russian in-laws (let's be honest. Who doesn't want Russian relatives)
  • utmost reverence -- we Chinese Russians love non-Chinese Russians who love our culture 
  • a wider shallower, but more expressive creative vocabulary of swear words (like ma haicibai, lan chiao, sue lei to lat fu...etc сука блять = sooka blyat)

and of course...


  • FREE money on CNY (only for the unmarried)  
 I lose for that bit... Not sure what Russians have besides Old New Year, a special celebration which I hope I'm not wrong about. They do however have...
  • Winter as cold as -40°C
  • Summer as hot as 40°C  
  • Spring and Autumn full of snow and harsh winds :D

So what now? Want to be a Russian? Its just as awesome as being a Chinese just with not so much similarities. Anyway, I'm mostly joking about all these stuff. I'm purely Chinese and not Russian in any way and I am interested in Russia and its residents but not to the extent of conversion (though I do not think its possible... In the aspect of race, I mean). But anyway, I've had my fun teasing the post of my dearly beloved sister who claims will disown me if I ever call her... What's the word again? Oh yes! Noobshyt*.

So after all that, I hope you might learn a bit about Russians although to be honest, I barely know anything about them but I mean NO OFFENSE in this post and sincerely apologise if you are, though I doubt anyone would read it besides people I know. I take my claim of "no offense" back if you are Miss Kingyo, though, she can kill me if she want to. She has all the time to do that after all.

Anyway, this post was sort of a spoof of a post by Miss Kingyo and I hope that you'd read her blog. Lastly,

 HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!-Zerg'13-

Also, in preparation for Dead Space 3 which came out already but I don't own a copy of it, yet, I made this...




Yes, yes! It's Iron Man's!!! But you have to admit, it is sort of suitable for it right? No? Well, deal with it! Anyway, the only reason why I'm blogging is cause I'm at my guardian's house for half-term break. That's why...

No comments: